Whenever I speak with a dentist looking to enhance his/her practice performance, their questions usually centre on hygiene open time. Hygiene open time makes up for more than 85% of the challenges dentists face in their practice!
Open time can appear as either an isolated problem or a symptom of many other systems that are not in line with the growth of the rest of the practice. Moreover, if you haven’t built a strong foundation, the cracks will become apparent in other areas.
I’ve decided to put together this six-part series because each practice is different and there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to the issue. In the articles to come, we’ll break down the facets that usually play a part in this challenge:
- Know your KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) in all areas of your hygiene department
- Is there balance between your available hygiene hours and patient demand?
- Are you using your software tools to your advantage?
- Is your team communicating in a way that puts the patient first?
- Is your hygiene team compliant with your department’s Standard of Care Protocol?
As you read on, I hope you’ll discover where you might need to place the focus within your own practice. If you have any questions about these topics, I’m happy to provide feedback ….just click here.